The last month was been pretty busy, as well as orders and new colouring mats that I made for Noble Cubs, I had 3 family birthdays. I always love to make homemade presents for people!
The first was a little order of a set I just love! It uses the Twigs pants from the Sprouts pattern by Flosstyle Patterns and the bandana bib from the same designer. Paired with art gallery knit, it is super cute as well as super comfy. It is always hard to say goodbye to these sets.
I had my nieces birthday, I made her a Wonder Woman inspired dress, shorties and crown, all from Boo! Designs spandex. I used Boo! Designs patterns for the dress (sleeved skate) and the shorties (pins) and the free Tadah Patterns crown. I also made my 8 year old a dress to match and for my baby, a nappy cover with skirt, using the cheekies pattern by Boo! Designs and a onesie from the Flosstyle Patterns Super Suit Set.
My niece was quite spoilt, I also made her an Animal Felt Puzzle set by Felt with love Designs. These puzzles are a favourite of hers. (You may recognise the them from last week’s tutorial for creating a draw string bag).
My gorgeous nephew turned one and as well as the Panda Balloon Ball (see tutorial), I also made his birthday outfit. I used Pandalicious fabric collection from Art Gallery fabrics to make a Troop Romper by Tadah Patterns and the Twigs shorts with Vines suspenders from the Sprouts pattern by Flosstyle.
Lastly, my children’s school celebrated book week. My daughter was a ‘Blossom Baby’ from the classic author/ illustrator May Gibbs. My son was Harry Potter. The blossom baby hat was the crown of the Rainbow Hat by Flosstyle patterns with a ‘stalk’ attached when I constructed it. I used gathered netting for the brim. The skirt is also gathered netting, attached to a waistband with elastic, which helped to gather it more.
My sons Harry robes were self drafted. I measured his back from his ankle to the floor, his shoulder width and his arm length. Each sleeve was 1 piece, the back was one piece and either side at the front. I then added the pointed hood to the cape. Doing a quick search for a robe brought up lots of free patterns, I used a combination of a few that I found.
I hope sharing what I’ve made this month has been inspiring! Next blog post will be a tutorial on something you can create for a Christmas gift!